[gmx-users] surprising: what's the reason?

Chetan Mahajan chetanvm10 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 09:56:22 CET 2014

I am a bit perplexed at this data about the box vector error I mentioned in
first email:

  nstxout 1000 10 1 10 1000 1000 1000 1  nstvout 1000 10 1 10 1000 1000 1000
1  nstlog 1000 10 1 10 1000 1000 1000 1  nstenergy 1000 10 1 10 1000 1000
1000 10  nstxtcout 1000 10 1 10 1000 1000 1000 1  nstlist 10 10 1 1 1
5 2 10
error                 yes                   yes                    no
             no                 no                    yes
no                        no

Columns represent values chosen in different runs for the options on
extreme left. Row at the bottom indicate if error occurred in that row. As
we see, for the runs for which nstlist was 1 or 2, no error was observed.
Now, when nstlist is 10 (column 2 and column 8), conflicting results were
obtained. From column 2 and 8, we observe that just making nstxout,
nstvout, nstlog, nstxtcout = 1, no error is observed. Why should error
depend on these options?

Thanks
Chetan