[gmx-users] Is cholesterol model available in Charmm36 ff?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Mar 19 14:06:10 CET 2014

On 3/19/14, 5:06 AM, davhak wrote:
> Thanks very much again for the updated charmm36 ff for Gromacs
> (http://mackerell.umaryland.edu/CHARMM_ff_params.html).
>
> Comparison of CHL1 residue records reveals only atom ordering difference for
> the atoms from 2 to 4 inclusive. In your version these atoms are ordered as
> follows:
>

> Probably this order is somewhat outdated since in the December release of
> the charmm36 the order has been changed to make the hydrogen atoms follow
> the heavy atoms i.e.:

I don't see anything printed above.

> This kind of atom ordering difference is probably not a problem for Gromacs,
> but probably to be compatible with charmm36 one may consider reordering of
> these atoms?

Sorry, without context I really don't know what the problem might be.  For any
simulation software, the order of the atoms in the topology and the
corresponding coordinate file need to match.  What we just released is an .rtp
entry for CHL1, such that you can produce the topology with pdb2gmx.  The output
coordinate file is guaranteed to match the topology.  The order of atoms in the
input coordinates relative to the .rtp entry is irrelevant; the output topology
and coordinates will match.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601