[gmx-users] index file group names: Case sensitive

shivangi nangia shivangi.nangia at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 00:41:05 CET 2014

Hello All,

I have a question regarding case sensitivity for index file group names.

If I have a group named "l"ipid (i.e. lipid) in the index file but I have
it as "L"ipid (i.e. Lipid) in the .mdp file, does that matter?

I am not getting any errors while running any gmx command but I feel my
system is behaving funny in the sense that during umbrella sampling the
pull group is only the protein but I the VMD images are suggesting that the
lipid bilayer (named: LIpid/lipid) is also moving.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

sxn