[gmx-users] g_select

Josip Lovrić josip7lovric at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 16:30:06 CET 2014

Hello,

I managed to create notattached group but now it is not recognizing system
group when I compile it with gromp.
I get this answer:

Fatal error:
Group system referenced in the .mdp file was not found in the index file.
Group names must match either [moleculetype] names or custom index group
names, in which case you must supply an index file to the '-n' option
of grompp.

This is my grompp line:
grompp_mpi -f md.mdp -c nacl_palm_md_224.gro -p topol_nc.top -o
nacl_palm_md_224_na.tpr -n select.ndx

group system is defined like this in .top file:

[ system ]
; Name
NaCl

P.S.
Feel free to ask me more information, I am quite new in gromacs and I am
not sure if I am giving you all the information.