[gmx-users] How to provide the FFTW3 install directory

Ly Minh Nhat ganuongphap at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 18:17:49 CEST 2014

Hi,

When I use cmake to install GROMACS, the output says:

-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not
found.   Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
-- Using default binary suffix: ""
-- Using default library suffix: ""
-- checking for module 'libxml-2.0'
--   package 'libxml-2.0' not found
-- Could NOT find LibXml2 (missing:  LIBXML2_LIBRARIES LIBXML2_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Checking for isfinite
-- Checking for isfinite - yes
-- Checking for _isfinite
-- Checking for _isfinite - no
-- Checking for _finite
-- Checking for _finite - no
CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:108
(message):
  Could not find FFTW3F.  Provide the fftw3 install directory in the
  FFTW3F_ROOT_DIR environment variable.  (missing: FFTW3F_LIBRARIES
  FFTW3F_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:315
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  cmake/FindFFTW3F.cmake:31 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  CMakeLists.txt:729 (find_package)

I have to provide the FFTW3 install directory in the FFTX3F_ROOT_DIR
enviroment variable to make it work, but I don't know how. Please help me.

Thank you