[gmx-users] Error:EM did not converge while using polarizable ion

折晓会 shexh19 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 4 23:40:08 CEST 2015

Thank you professor Justin and Chaban for helpful suggestions!

In the topology file, I choose "POL2" for water and anions, and the simulation seems working well now. The results of energy minimization are:

Steepest Descents converged to machine precision in 8755 steps,
but did not reach the requested Fmax < 1.
Potential Energy  = -3.0687320e+04
Maximum force     =  1.7012895e+02 on atom 2499
Norm of force     =  7.2500138e+00

Are the results reasonable for the polarizable models? I am wondering why the final force does not match Fmax < 1.

Best wishes,
Xiaohui