[gmx-users] how to calculate ESP at certain position (Zhenyu Meng)

Groenhof, Gerrit ggroenh at gwdg.de
Wed Aug 5 08:47:41 CEST 2015

   5. Re: how to calculate ESP at certain position (Zhenyu Meng)

Haven't given it much thought, but if it is only one or few locations you're interested in, can't you simply place a +1 e charged dummy atom at that location in your system and re-compute the total electrostatic energy?

To correct for the self interaction of that probe charge, you could subtract the total electrostatic  energy of the point charge alone in the same periodic box.

Gerrit

Message: 5