[gmx-users] calculating single atom changes along the trajectory as a measure of distance

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 09:22:14 CEST 2015

Hi Pavan,

The distance from an atom to itself is zero by definition. Also, distance
in only defined between things, so, indeed, you need two groups for gmx
dist. If you mean distance over PBC it's a different matter. Then you want
the distance between a group and any of its periodic images. That's what
gmx mindist is for. If it's the position you need, then you want gmx traj.

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk