[gmx-users] PMF using umbrella sampling and Gromacs 5.0

Eudes Fileti fileti at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 13:09:12 CEST 2015

Dear Chris, thanks for the help.
Yes, I set the temperature properly.

Also I checked the line that you mentioned and it is exactly the same in my
version of gromacs (5.0.4).

I have not yet tried using another tool wham. I'll search the web and if I
find something, I report shortly.

eef

> Dear Eudes: then I return to being stumped. It sure looks like it might
be an issue with a constant

> somewhere. I'll note that v5.0.5 g_wham uses what I think is an incorrect
constant to convert to kcal
> (http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/1787), but you're using kj so that
shouldn't be it. The gas constant
> defined by g_wham on line 1086 in v5.0.5 is also a little bit different
from the one used in core gromacs
> (for e.g. replica exchange to get the boltzmann constant), though again I
don't see how this could do
> anything but affect the overall scale by a tiny amount. However, I do
wonder about "8.314e-3" in lines like
> this where it possibly could affect
> the value: denom +=
invg*window[j].N[k]*exp(-U/(8.314e-3*opt->Temperature) + window[j].z[k]);
(line 966
> in calc_profile() in v5.0.5) Are you using g_wham? Can you try a
different wham software and see if you
> get the same thing? Also, are you setting -temp properly in g_wham ?
Beyond that, I've run out of ideas.
> If you do ever sort this out, I'd appreciate it if you could send me an
email off list to let me know (and post
> it here of course, I just don't always check the list).
> Thank you, Chris.

Eudes Eterno Fileti
Instituto de Ciência e Tecnologia da UNIFESP
Rua Talim, 330, São José dos Campos - SP
Página: sites.google.com/site/fileti/