[gmx-users] Protein-Ligand Interactions

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Fri Aug 7 13:59:58 CEST 2015

Suniba,

What exactly did you do to convert your trajectory to a .xtc? If you used trjconv -pbc mol (or other options) then you need to make sure you have selected both ligand + protein as outputs. One way to do this is to build an index with make_ndx that contains your both your protein and ligand as one group and then select it as your output in trjconv.

Example.

make_ndx -f (your grofile here) -o index_withprotein+ligand
trjconv -f -s -pbc mol -n index_withprotein+ligand -o md_0_1_noPBC.xtc

-Micholas

Micholas Dean Smith, PhD.
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics