[gmx-users] force field

mohammad r mohammad.r0325 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 10 17:48:37 CEST 2015

thank you all for answering my question

     On Monday, August 10, 2015 2:29 AM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

On 8/9/15 5:51 PM, mohammad r wrote:
> Thank you very much Maryam and Justin.unfortunately I am new to gromacs and
> MD.I think that I can acetylate or ammoniate my peptide with -ter attachment
> to pdb2gmx command. I think it works.What is the different between NH2+ and
> NH3 for ammoniation (the gromacs ask to choose one of them)? also ask for
> acetylation a similar question.Thanks, M.

Acetylation requires the presence of an acetyl cap, which GROMACS will not build
for you.  When capping, use "None" as the terminus selection.  The difference
between NH2 and NH3+ is the protonation state.  This is a fundamental principle
in (bio)chemistry dealing with the pKa of the group and pH of the solution.
Undergraduate textbooks cover what this means, which you should familiarize
yourself with long before touching anything related to an MD simulation.

-Justin