[gmx-users] Change to umbrella sampling pull code

Nash, Anthony a.nash at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Aug 12 22:51:41 CEST 2015

Thanks for clearing that up Justin, I’ve adjusted accordingly. All but one
error remains:

Pull group 1 'ZINC' has 1 atoms
Pull group 2 'CARBONYL' has 1 atoms

Program grompp, VERSION 5.0.5
Source code file:
/home/columbus/chem_software/GROMACS/2015/gromacs-5.0.5/src/gromacs/gmxprep
rocess/readpull.c, line: 377

Fatal error:
Identical pull group indices in pull-coord1-groups

The entries in my index.ndx are:

[ ZINC ]
5809
[ CARBONYL ]
6481

For the respective .mdp entries (pull code):

; Pull code
pull            = umbrella
pull_geometry   = distance
pull_dim        = Y Y Y
pull_start      = yes
pull_ngroups    = 2
pull_group1_name = ZINC
pull_group2_name = CARBONYL
pull_coord1_init = 0
pull_coord1_rate = 0
pull_coord1_k = 1000
pull_nstxout    = 1000      ; every 2 ps
pull_nstfout    = 1000      ; every 2 ps