[gmx-users] MD simulation using TFE

Bikash Ranjan Sahoo bikash.bioinformatics at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 13:52:10 CEST 2015

Dear Dr. Mark,

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

As suggested, I tried to simulate a simple Water+TFE system (without
protein). The commands used are given below.

editconf_d -f tfe.gro -o 1.gro -bt cubic  -d 5.5

genbox_d -cp 1.gro -cs spc216.gro -ci tfe.gro -nmol 200 -p topol.top -o
2.gro

grompp_d -f em.mdp -c 2.gro -p topol.top -o em.tpr -maxwarn 3

mdrun_d -v -s em.tpr -c em.gro -nt 20

(Converged to machine precision, but not to the requested precision Fmax <
1000)

grompp_d -f nvt.mdp -c em.gro -p topol.top -o nvt.tpr -maxwarn 2

mdrun_d -v -s nvt.tpr -c nvt.gro -nt 20

Too many LINCS, ERROR.

I am facing the same problem. I have checked the output files.

The 2.gro file showing symmetric distribution of TFE in water. But, after
EM, all TFE molecules are aggregating and migrating to the box edge.

Kindly suggest how to get rid of such problems.

I have attached the tfe.gro and tfe.itp file that I have used to generate
the initial system.

Thanking you and in anticipation of your reply
Yours sincerely
Bikash