[gmx-users] Appending to files that were copied.

Dawid das addiw7 at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 14 21:26:38 CEST 2015

Dear Gromacs Experts,

I am pretty surprised with following finding. When I rerun my simulation
and want to append energy, trajectory, etc. to previous files, appending
works if and only if I do not change the directory where I rerun
calculations.
For instance there is dir1 where I run MD1. Then I only copy the output
files from dir1 to dir2 and I do not change them at all. I run MD2 in dir2
and data are not appended to previous one, but if I use exactly the same
procedure in dir1 and run MD2 there, everything is fine.

Is it expected behaviour?

Best wishes,

Dawid Grabarek