[gmx-users] infinite force at the membrane lipid

Vy Phan phanvy120690 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 14:14:56 CEST 2015

Dear HTH and Gromacs Users,

Thank you HTH,

I used the DOPC membrane lipid pdb file and topology from the website
http://mmkluster.fos.su.se/slipids/Downloads.html.

I running energy minimization for protein in water and lipid in water.
After that, I put the protein into the center of membrane lipid and use tcl
script to remove all overlapping moleculas by this script.

[atomselect 0 " resname DOPC and (same residue as resname DOPC and x >25
and x<110 and y > 20 and y < 115) and not (same residue as resname DOPC and
within 1 of protein)"] writepdb DOPC.pdb

[atomselect 0 " water and (same residue as water and x > 20 and x<115 and y
> 15 and y < 120) and not (same residue as water and within 1 of protein)"]
writepdb wat.pdb

After that I combine protein, lipid and water to one system and run.

I did not use inflate_gro or g_membed tools. The g_membed tools can not
used in Gromacs 5 (I use Gromacs 5.0.4)

Hope you can see my problems and help me more.

If you think the way I insert the protein on the lipid is the problem.
Please let me know. I usually do this way with NAMD.

Best regards,
Tuong Vy