[gmx-users] Error while configuring gmx-3.3.1

Padmani Sandhu padmanisandhu09 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 05:51:53 CEST 2015

Hello Justin,

I have copied both the .itp files which were giving error in to
/usr/local/gromacs/share/top using command:

sudo cp BH4_oplsaa.itp /usr/local/gromacs/share/top

sudo cp ffoplsaabon.itp /usr/local/gromacs/share/top

and now grompp worked. Please can you suggest me any solution so that all
the files in *gromacs-3.3.1/share/top *can be copied to
*/usr/local/gromacs/share/top.*

Thanks

Padmani

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Padmani Sandhu <padmanisandhu09 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 1. I am using it with CPMD as they have mentioned this version of gromacs
> only.
> 2. The top-level force fields are not included as they are not present in
> /usr/local/gromacs/share/top/ file  for eg. BH4_oplsaa.itp, however its
> there in the gmx-3.3.1_qmmm-1.3.2/share/top folder.
> 3. There is no problem with topology, its working fine with gromacs-4.5.6
> and later versions.
>

> Thanks
>

> Padmani
>
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 5:32 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:
>

>> On 8/19/15 7:58 AM, Padmani Sandhu wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I am trying to install gmx-3.3.1 on ubuntu 14.04. I have compiled it
>>> using
>>> following commands:
>>>

>> Any reason you're using wildly outdated software?
>>
>> ./configure
>>> make
>>> sudo make install
>>>
>>> *However the program was installed but while running grommp, it was
>>> terminated with  an error :*
>>>
>>> checking input for internal consistency...
>>> calling cpp...
>>> In file included from /usr/local/gromacs/share/top/ffoplsaa.itp:23:0,
>>>                   from topol.top:11:
>>> /usr/local/gromacs/share/top/ffoplsaabon.itp:2692:26: fatal error:
>>> BH4_oplsaa.itp: No such file or directory
>>>   #include "BH4_oplsaa.itp"
>>>
>>>               ^
>>
>>> compilation terminated.
>>>

>> You probably shouldn't be #including files in top-level force field files.
>>
>> cpp exit code: 256
>>> Tried to execute: 'cpp  -I/usr/local/gromacs/share/top  topol.top >
>>> gromppVUW784'
>>> The 'cpp' command is defined in the .mdp file
>>> processing topology...
>>> processing coordinates...
>>> Program grompp, VERSION 3.3.1
>>> Source code file: grompp.c, line: 448
>>>
>>> Fatal error:
>>> number of coordinates in coordinate file (conf_solv.gro, 317253)
>>>               does not match topology (topol.top, 0)
>>>

>> Your topology is totally wrong or misformatted.
>>

>>> *I had an error while running ./configure that might be causing this
>>> problem*
>>>
>>> configure: creating ./config.status
>>> config.status: creating Makefile
>>> config.status: WARNING:  Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir
>>> setting
>>> config.status: creating src/Makefile