[gmx-users] Incorrect number of parameters - found 3, expected 1 or 1 for Polarization.

折晓会 shexh19 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 21 18:34:20 CEST 2015

Thank you professor Justin.
Firstly, I get a true trajectory (stress.trr) from Gromacs 5.0.5 besides the water.gro, water.top, and nvt.mdp files. Then read the these files with a custom Gromacs 4.5.5 to calculate local pressure:
grompp_LS  -f
nvt.mdp  -c  water.gro
-p  water.top  -o
topol.tpr

mdrun_LS    -s  topol.tpr   -rerun  stress.trr    -localsgrid
 0.2   -lsgridx 1   -lsgridy 1
The problem is when I set the box dimensions to be decimals (say 4.5 nm) in water.gro, the mdrun_LS does not work. After changing them to be integers (such as 4 or 5 nm), the mdrun_LS works. Will this affect the results? I am using the true trajectory (stress.trr) in -rerun command. What roles do the .gro and .mdp files play in the -rerun since positions and velocities of atoms at each frame are available in the .trr file?
Best wishes,Xiaohui