[gmx-users] Membrane protein insertion

Yasser Almeida Hernández yasser.almeida.hernandez at chemie.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Aug 24 09:53:24 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I want to insert a membrane protein into a model bilayer and I've tried
several methods. The more straightforward seems to be Memembed, which
gives an orientation to the membrane. On the other hand this method only
outputs the "membrane" as dummy balls. How to translate this orientation
to a model bilayer (DOPC, POPC)?

On the other hand I've tried InflateGRO2 for this purpose and I got this
error (following the tutorial in
https://code.google.com/p/inflategro2/wiki/TutorialTolC ):

Back Off! I just backed up ../1-topology/4hzuS_popc.top to
../1-topology/#4hzuS_popc.top.3#
Will use a deflating factor of 0.925539817285086 to shrink the lipids
back in 20 steps
Deflating
grompp -f deflate.mdp -c inflated.gro -p ../1-topology/4hzuS_popc.top -n
inflated.ndx -o tmp.tpr -maxwarn 1
mdrun -s tmp.tpr -v -deffnm tmp_out -c shrink.00.gro
   ---------------------------------
ERROR: Cannot open GRO file "shrink.00.gro": No such file or directory

The end of the log.out file is this:

Fatal error:
Too many LINCS warnings (1184)
If you know what you are doing you can adjust the lincs warning
threshold in your mdp file or set the environment variable
GMX_MAXCONSTRWARN to -1, but normally it is better to fix the problem

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

--
Yasser Almeida Hernández