[gmx-users] Testing gromacs on IBM POWER8

Fabricio Cannini fcannini at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 23:53:51 CEST 2015

Hello there

We've been testing gromacs-5.1-beta1 in an IBM POWER8. The input used is
'pme.mdp' within the "0000.96" directory of the following benchmark:

ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/benchmarks/water_GMX50_bare.tar.gz

The following link shows our results:

http://suporte.versatushpc.com.br/power/gromacs.php

These are our first results. We're now running more tests using IBM XL
compilers, the just launched 5.1.0 version and OpenBLAS port to POWER8.

Please feel free to ask questions, suggests improvements and spot errors.