[gmx-users] Free energy calculation - parallelization

Andreas Schöppach andreas.schoeppach at physchem.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Aug 27 17:11:28 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have a question concerning the parallelization capabilities of
Gromacs  (>=v5.0.5) for free energy calculations.
My computer specifications are 2xIntel® Core™ i7-4790K (2x4 cores) and
2x NVIDIA Tesla k20.
Reading part of the manual, I know that gromacs will offload the
nonbonded forces (VdW, Coulomb) to the GPU for a normal MD simulation
automatically.
But how will Gromacs parallelize a TI? In the same way as a normal MD
for each lambda step? Are different parallelization schemes for a TI
possible regarding different lambda steps?
Thanks for your replies!