[gmx-users] calculate average and maximum non-bonded energy between energy groups

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Aug 28 01:33:16 CEST 2015

On 8/26/15 4:39 PM, Tushar Ranjan Moharana wrote:
> Hi Justin,
> Thanks for your precious advice. You replied that "I would agree with
> Vitaly that this is really not a useful quantity. It is force
> field-specific and not necessarily anything to do with thermodynamics or
> free energy." did you refer to maximum energy or average energy or both.

Both, but the maximum value of the interaction energy is probably even less
useful.  Unless the force field was parametrized to produce something meaningful
in this interaction energy term, anything you find from it is likely to be
incidental.

-Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy