[gmx-users] Virtual sites and diffusion coefficients.

sujithkakkat . sujithks58 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 09:56:11 CET 2015

Hello Mark,

     I have tested both models in simulating a variety of properties. The
original parametrization results involved predicting the critical point of
CO2 and also density at various P and T. I did several NVT simulations to
predict density-vs-pressure data. In this case the model with virtual
interaction sites gave much better results.

     In addition to this, simulations performed were performed on pure CO2
at supercritical conditions and mean square displacement was calculated for
the CO2 molecule. When compared to the reported ab initio dynamics results
the one obtained  using virtual sites gave much better agreement.

     The density of CO2 dissolved in H2O at very dilute concentrations was
also studied using both models of CO2 and the results were in good
agreement with experimental data for the model with virtual sites. In this
case the one without virtual sites also did reasonably well.

      However, the disparity appears when considering the Measn Square
displacement of dilute CO2 solution in water. Here the model without
virtual sites is closer to the experimental data.

    This has become very confusing now. The original parametrization of he
model did not involve predicting the transport properties. Also in the
published results using the EPM2 model  I don't find any mention of the
virtual interaction sites.

Regards,

Sujith.