[gmx-users] Problem with Lysozyme in Water Tutorial

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Feb 3 20:30:35 CET 2015

On 2/3/15 2:16 PM, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
> Ok.  I understand the replys.
>
>   I only have a couple of further questions.
>
> A link to grompp is in /usr/local/gromacs/bin.
>
> Why isn't ions.mdp in the run directory and then, where is it?

You download it from the tutorial site.

http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/lysozyme/04_ions.html

"An example .mdp file (the one we will use) can be downloaded here." The word
"here" is a clickable link to download the file.

-Justin

> Thanks in advance.
>

> On 02/02/2015 12:29 PM, HANNIBAL LECTER wrote:
>> It just means you either missed grompp "-f ions.mdp" ...
>>
>> OR
>>
>> the ions.mdp file is not there in the directory where you are performing
>> your simulations.
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Stephen P. Molnar <s.molnar at sbcglobal.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have installed v-5.0.4 in Debian Wheezy without any warning or erroe
>>> messages.
>>>
>>> I have tried running the Lysozyme in Water Tutorial ( the one written for
>>> v-5) and have generated an error message in Step 4.
>>>
>>> The message is:
>>>
>>> File input/output error:
>>> ions.mdp
>>> For more information and tips for troubleshooting, please check the GROMACS
>>> website at http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Errors
>>>
>>> I checked the reference and did not find one [defaults] directive in the
>>> .itp file, let alone two
>>>
>>> Pleas advise.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.                 Life is a fuzzy set
>>> Foundation for Chemistry                 Stochastic and Multivariate
>>> www.FoundationForChemistry.com
>>> (614)312-7528(c)
>>> Skype:  smolnar1
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> * Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/
>>> Support/Mailing_Lists/GMX-Users_List before posting!

>>> * For (un)subscribe requests visit

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629