[gmx-users] adding polyatomic species in water

#SUKRITI GUPTA# SUKRITI002 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Wed Feb 4 11:26:42 CET 2015

Dear Gromacs Users,

I am trying to simulate a cell containing different polyatomic species like sulphate, glucose, acetic acid etc. in water. I start my simulation by taking pdb file containing 1 sulphate ion and then add remaining sulphate ions and other species using -cs and -ci from genbox. I use genbox command multiple time till all the species are added and system is solvated in water. But when I perform energy minimisation, the initial system starts with a very high energy i.e. around 10^6 range and the either it doesn't get converged or i get msg Segmentation fault (core dumped).

I also tried using genconf but still i was getting the same problem.

Can anyone please let me know what is wrong with my system and how can i correctly add all the species in my system.

Regards

Sukriti

[https://wis.ntu.edu.sg/graphics/tms/ntulogofit2.gif]

Sukriti Gupta (Ms) | PhD Student | Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI at N) | Nanyang Technological University
N1.3-B4-14, 50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798
Tel: (65) 81164191 GMT+8h | Email:sukriti002 at e.ntu.edu.sg | Web:erian.ntu.edu.sg<http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/xuzc/People.html>