[gmx-users] Distance restraint between two chains' com

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Feb 5 12:10:24 CET 2015

On 2/5/15 2:39 AM, WT Ren wrote:
> Dear Gromacs Users,
>
> I am trying to apply a distance restraint between two chains' center of
> mass to  prevent them diffusing far away from each other. As I known, the
> pull code seems only can restrain the distance to a reference distance with
>   harmonic potential, while the distance restraint seems can not be applied
> to center of mass.
>
> So can anyone help on this issue?

I am assuming that you want to apply some sort of flat-bottom potential, to be
applied only when the chains move a certain distance.  Indeed the pull code
cannot do that at present, but a flat-bottom potential is in development if you
want to test it:

https://gerrit.gromacs.org/#/c/3947/

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy