[gmx-users] g_rms with two trajectories

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Mon Feb 9 15:49:07 CET 2015

Juilan,

A quick way to do this is with an awk script, such as:

awk '{print $NR}' (your matrix.dat file here). This will print the diagonal of the matrix. If you want the one from the .xpm file you need to use something like:

awk '{if($0!~/*/){print substr($0,counter+2,1),counter++}}' Though the output will be letters that correspond to different rmsd values (as shown at the top of the .xpm file) which will require you to modify this script more to include a look-up to get back the number values (hence why using the matrix.dat file may be easier).

Kind Regards,

Micholas

Micholas Dean Smith, PhD.
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics