[gmx-users] Semiisotropic pressure coupling

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Feb 13 23:04:03 CET 2015

On 2/13/15 5:00 PM, shivangi nangia wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Thank you all for you input.
>
> I now have access to GROMACS 5.0.
>
> On using the recommended settings, the APL is sill dropping within 3 ns of
> the simulation.

3 ns is orders of magnitude too short to draw any conclusions.  Simulate out to
100 ns and we'll talk :)  I only say this because I know the APL can be
reproduced with the settings I gave in CHARMM and GROMACS with very close agreement.

<snip>

> nstlist                  = 1

Yikes!  You're losing a ton of performance here (though check the log to make
sure Verlet adjusted this to something more suitable).  Setting nstlist = 1 is
only for energy minimization.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629