[gmx-users] Larger simulation times because of many [ pairs ]?

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 11:08:09 CET 2015

Hi,

Without having checked the code, adding [pairs] forces mdrun to compute
that non-bonded interaction. So you should expect the cost of computing
those interactions to go up. If that dominates the cost of the simulation
(e.g. you have no other non-bonded interactions) then your observations are
consistent. The implementation of [pairs] is not optimized for this
application.

Mark