[gmx-users] error: Atom 1 in multiple Energy Mon. groups

nazli kashani javid nazlikjavid at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 14:52:04 CET 2015

Hi all
I want to calculate interaction energy of my protein that includes 4
individual chains(a,b,c and d). at first I define an index file. It
contains:
[ chaina ]
 1    2    3    4 ...454
[ chainb ]
455  456  457 ...919
[ chainc ]
920  921  922 .... 1373
[ chaind ]
1374 1375 1376 ....1838
[ chainsab ]
 1    2    3....919
[ chainsac ]
  1    2    3 ...454    920....1373
[ chainsad ]
[ chainsbc ]
[ chainsbd ]
[ chainscd ]
[ chainsabc]
1    2    3 .... 1373
[ chainsacd ]
1    2    3 .....454   920 ...1838
[ chainsabd ]
[ chainsbcd ]

I add these groups to .mdp file as following:

energygrps  =  chaina chainb chainc  chaind chainsab  chainsac chainsad
chainsbc chainsbd chainscd chainsabc chainsacd chainsabd chainsbcd

when I use grompp command ( grompp -f md.mdp -c npt.gro -p topol.top -n
chains.ndx -o mda.tpr)  , and face with this error :

Fatal error:
Atom 1 in multiple Energy Mon. groups (1 and 5)

dose my index file need any modifications? is there any wrong with my mdp
file?
how could I solve my problem?

any help  is appreciated.