[gmx-users] Semiisotropic pressure coupling

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Feb 15 17:41:33 CET 2015

On 2/15/15 11:32 AM, shivangi nangia wrote:
> Sorry about that.
>
> Here it is:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9SJqGLyLrwVcThWbEthaFo3SGc/view?usp=sharing

So this is actually a system in which a peptide is peripherally bound to a POPC
membrane.  That complicates things significantly.  Not only is it less
straightforward to calculate APL, but you have to consider that the protein
itself perturbs the lipid properties.  If you want to evaluate the validity of
the parameters, you need to be running a simulation of a pure POPC membrane.

How have you calculated APL?  Have you run a pure POPC membrane simulation?
These are the only things worth spending time on.  Otherwise, all you're seeing
is either (1) a problem with how you're calculating APL and/or (2) effects of
the peptide.

-Justin