[gmx-users] Regarding DSSP

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Feb 17 01:06:52 CET 2015

On 2/16/15 6:55 PM, HANNIBAL LECTER wrote:
> Sorry, yes, I actually made a copy and pasted in the /usr/bin directory as
> well. So there IS actually a copy of the same program.
>
> Yes, my system is 64 bit. Just as a test case, I tried with the 32-bit
> version as well. Same error as above.

Does the dssp binary work when you run it on a single .pdb file (as it's
designed to do)?  If not, then the binary is (somehow) incompatible with your
machine.  Compiling from source would fix that.

-Justin

> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 6:45 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:
>

>> On 2/16/15 6:40 PM, HANNIBAL LECTER wrote:
>>
>>> Okay. what can be possibly wrong? I mean if someone CAN run Gromacs-5.0.4
>>> +
>>> DSSP 2.0.4, it should be running in other systems as well unless I am
>>> messing something up. So I list my steps.
>>>
>>> 1. Download the executable from
>>> ftp://ftp.cmbi.ru.nl/pub/molbio/software/dssp-2/ (not the source code,
>>> but
>>> just the binaries).
>>>
>>> 2. rename the file to dssp204
>>> 3. chmod +x dssp204
>>> 4. sudo mv dssp204 /usr/local/bin/
>>> 5. export DSSP=/usr/loca/bin/dssp204