[gmx-users] Computing Resource - Laptop

Douglas Grahame dgrahame at uoguelph.ca
Tue Feb 24 18:42:30 CET 2015

Hey everyone I'm not sure if this is the place to post this or not so my
apologies if it is not. Our lab recently got some funds to put towards a
desktop for molecular dynamics work and we have a budget of aprx. $4,000 CDN
for the laptop. Given that I am not an expert in the hardware area, nor do I
have a ton in the simulation area either, I wanted to see if there was any
suggestions or resources or even experiences that this mailing list may have
so that we can get the most out of our money.

Primarily the computer will be used to run GROMACS and be used for analysis
and some small scale simulation work. We do have access to supercomputing
clusters which will serve as the primary resource for modelling. Thanks for
your help in advance!

-Douglas Grahame

---