[gmx-users] Doubt about energies in a very simple system

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Feb 26 02:41:23 CET 2015

On 2/24/15 3:23 PM, IÑIGO SAENZ wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> I always do the SPE as follows:
> grompp -f SPE.mdp -p sys.top -c sys.gro
> and after that I simply execute mdrun, i didn't know about the mdrun -rerun
> function.
>
> Now I have done: mdrun -s topol.tpr -rerun sys.gro
>
> but the energy results are the exactly the same.

Start with something simpler; an actual molecule with normal bonded
interactions.  Equivalency of energy between GROMACS and many programs has been
shown many times over, so it's certainly possible to prove.  Likely there's just
something weird about what you're doing with your combinations of exclusions,
pairs, etc.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629