[gmx-users] Dihedral pca

pratibha kapoor kapoorpratibha7 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 19:52:42 CET 2015

Hi,

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe that since torsion angle
omega is defined by 4 points in space namely Calpha (n) ,carbonyl carbon,
nitrogen, and calpha (n+1), omiting or including carbonyl oxygen (i.e.
using mainchain or backbone options) would not make a difference.
Secondly, is it reasonable enough to exclude carbonyl oxygen atoms while
calculating dihedral angles?
I apologize beforehand for the ignorance.

Waiting for reply.
Thanks