[gmx-users] Greetings+Which computer?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jan 2 21:46:59 CET 2015

On 1/1/15 10:03 PM, amitabh jayaswal wrote:
> Dear ALL,
> I wish a Fulfilling, Accomplishing, Successful, Fun-filled, Healthy and
> Blessed New Year 2015 to everyone!
> May the New Year make you more beautiful, more complete, more happy, more
> loved and more respected, and fulfill all your wishes and needs!
> Moving ahead through GROMACS, I want to use it on my laptop,
> Which computer (laptop) do I purchase for GROMACS?
> Amongst other uses, I particularly intend to use it for Protein-Drug
> simulations and deliver honorable results through Computer-aided Drug
> Design. Please suggest the best machine possible.

I wouldn't advise using a laptop for high-performance computing.  You'll have
heating issues.  If you don't have access to a real supercomputer, invest in a
GPU workstation.  You can get a good GPU for only a few hundred dollars.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore