[gmx-users] g_sas problem?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jan 6 11:44:08 CET 2015

On 1/6/15 5:41 AM, Albert wrote:
> I've already read
>
> g_sasa -h
>
> and related section in Gromacs manual. But I didn't find anything useful. There
> are mainly about each option......
>
> Could you please give some comments?

This is why you need two selections:

"The program requires a selection for the surface calculation to be specified
with -surface. This should always consist of all non-solvent atoms in the
system. The area of this group is always calculated. Optionally, -output can
specify additional selections, which should be subsets of the calculation
group. The solvent-accessible areas for these groups are also extracted from
the full surface."

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629