[gmx-users] Gromacs Installation problem

Shankar Prasad Kanaujia spkanaujia at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 14:26:42 CET 2015

Dear Users,

I am getting a unique problem while installing gromacs. I am able to
install any version of gromacs in the default path (i.e.
/usr/local/gromacs). However, if I specify any other location by
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/user/softwares/GMX_5.0.4, I get the following
error:
<!--
CMake Error at src/programs/cmake_install.cmake:42 (file):
file INSTALL cannot find "/home/user/softwares/GMX_5.0.4/bin/gmx_mpi".
Call Stack (most recent call first): src/cmake_install.cmake:40 (include)
cmake_install.cmake:48 (include)
-->

at the last step (i.e. make install).

I tried almost everything available through Google search. I have tried
with several versions of cmake both as root as well as user.

I would really appreciate if any one can provide some hint to solve this
problem.

Regards,
Shankar

--