[gmx-users] After solvation and before adding ions, number of molecules does not agree even though number of H2O molecules

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jan 27 23:38:56 CET 2015

In the coordinate file, you have the peptide, 23 DPPC (surrounded by a huge
void, so I have no idea what's going on here), and water.  In the topology, in
[molecules], you specify the protein and water.  With 5 atoms per DPPC, 23 * 50
= 1150.  That solves the mismatch.  The bigger concern is the huge unoccupied
volume in the box, but you'll have to sort that out.

-Justin