[gmx-users] backmapping protein + dppc

Adriana Garro adrianagarrosl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 16:39:54 CET 2015

Hi Tsjerk

I am still dealing with the backmap of my protein DPPC system.
Today I am pretty sure that the problem is not the force field
(gromos53a6_lipid.ff/)  because it is the one I built following the KALP
tutorial and it worked when I run pdb2gmx on a protein+dppc system. So I
think if it works in this sense would be the same in order to do the
backmap because the system is almost the same (I have a different protein
of course).
I use this command line

 /initram.sh -f reimaged_coord.gro -o aa_gromos53a6.gro -to gromos53a6 -p
topol.top

and the error message

Fatal error:
number of coordinates in coordinate file (0-backward.gro, 21006)
does not match topology (backmapped.top, 28806)

so I visualize with vmd my system 0-backward.gro
and the DPPS lipids are missing!

while,  backmapped.top
DPPC 156
SOL  6888
CL     8

that is the difference between these 2 files.

I did something different just to try
I commented DPPC in the atomistic topol.top file and again

/initram.sh -f reimaged_coord.gro -o aa_gromos53a6.gro -to gromos53a6 -p
topol.top

and the error message is different this time

Fatal error
number of coordinates in coordinate file (0-backward.gro, 28806)
does not match topology (backmapped.top, 21006)

You see, the numbers are interchanged.
Now 0-backward.gro has the DPPC lipids (and they look ok) but of course due
to these files do not agree the operation fails.

Maybe with your experience you can realize what is happening.
Thanks for your help!

Adriana