[gmx-users] Volume of active site

Raj D gromacs.for.f at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 08:28:08 CEST 2015

Dear Erik,
As per your suggestion I have tried gmx sasa -tv  option to get the
volume   of the active site with help of a defined set of residues (17
residues) as defined in the index file. But for all systems, mutants and
wild type enzymes have similar profile of volume throughout the simulation
time of 10ns and all volume shows up 6 nm3 as center point but
visualization has shown widening of active site in the simulation. Is it
the right approach to get the volume of the defined cavity or something
like may I have to remove the bound substrate from the trajectory or some
other thing I have to take care of while using the tool... I am just wonder
what you had mentioned as clever use of the tool gmx sasa ? Could you
please little more explicit in the usage of the tool for volume prediction .
Regards,
Raja