[gmx-users] trjorder time-consuming

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jun 3 19:45:30 CEST 2015

On 6/3/15 8:52 AM, Rebeca García Fandiño wrote:
> Dear GROMACS users,
> I am using the command "gmx trjorder" with a single frame of a trajectory, to order the water molecules according to the smallest distance to a molecule. The system is very small (4400 atoms), however gmx trjorder is taking more than 1 hour to finish!! Is it normal to be so time-consuming using only a single frame or maybe is there anything wrong with the execution?

No, that's not normal.  Trajectories should finish in less time.

> gmx trjorder -f frame.pdb -s topology.tpr -o frame_ordered.pdb -da 0 -na 3

Does -da 1 make a difference?  I wouldn't imagine COM vs. O position would
substantially change the outcome, and you avoid having to calculate the COM for
every molecule with -da 1.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629