[gmx-users] error group protein not found

marzieh dehghan dehghanmarzieh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 20:41:55 CEST 2015

Hi every body

I create a covalent bond and now I want to held MD by gromacs,

after holding the following command : grompp -f nvt.mdp -c em.gro -p
topol.top -o nvt.tpr

I confornted to an error:

Fatal error:
Group Protein not found in index file.
Group names must match either [moleculetype] names
or custom index group names,in which case you
must supply an index file to the '-n' option of grompp.

please let me know how can I solve this problem.

I am looking forward to getting your answer

thanks a lot

--

*Marzieh DehghanPhD Candidate of BiochemistryInstitute of biochemistry and
Biophysics (IBB)University of Tehran, Tehran- Iran.*