[gmx-users] temperature problem

Lovika Moudgil lovikamoudgil at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 14:52:26 CEST 2015

Hiii....Here is my .mdp file below  ...

title        = OPLS Lysozyme NVT equilibration
define        = -DPOSRES    ; position restrain the protein
; Run parameters
integrator    = md        ; leap-frog integrator
nsteps        = 2000000        ; 2 * 50000 = 100 ps
dt        = 0.001        ; 2 fs
; Output control
nstxout        = 500        ; save coordinates every 1.0 ps
nstvout        = 500        ; save velocities every 1.0 ps
nstenergy    = 500        ; save energies every 1.0 ps
nstlog        = 500        ; update log file every 1.0 ps
nstxtcout               = 500           ; [steps] freq to write coordinates
to xtc trajectory
xtc_precision           = 1000          ; [real] precision to write xtc
trajectory
comm_mode                = Linear
comm_grps               = Protein Non-Protein   ; group(s) for center of
mass motion removal
; Bond parameters
constraint_algorithm        = lincs        ; holonomic constraints
constraints                = all-bonds        ; all bonds (even heavy
atom-H bonds) constrained
lincs_iter                = 1            ; accuracy of LINCS
lincs_order                = 4            ; also related to accuracy
; 7.3.9 Neighbor Searching
cutoff-scheme           = Verlet
nstlist                 = 10             ; [steps] freq to update neighbor
list
ns_type                 = grid          ; method of updating neighbor list
pbc                     = xyz           ; periodic boundary conditions in
all directions
rlist                   = 1.0           ; [nm] cut-off distance for the
short-range neighbor list

; 7.3.10 Electrostatics
coulombtype             = PME           ; Particle-Mesh Ewald electrostatics
rcoulomb                = 1.0           ; [nm] distance for Coulomb cut-off

; 7.3.11 VdW
rvdw                    = 1.0           ; [nm] distance for LJ cut-off
DispCorr                = Ener      ; apply long range dispersion
corrections

; 7.3.13 Ewald
fourierspacing          = 0.12          ; [nm] grid spacing for FFT grid
when using PME
pme_order               = 4             ; interpolation order for PME, 4 =
cubic
ewald_rtol              = 1e-5          ; relative strength of
Ewald-shifted potential at rcoulomb
; Temperature coupling is on
tcoupl        = nose-hoover                ; modified Berendsen thermostat
tc-grps        = Protein Non-Protein
tau_t        = 0.1   0.1       ; time constant, in ps
ref_t        = 300      300      ; reference temperature, one for each
group, in K
; Pressure coupling is off
pcoupl        = no         ; no pressure coupling in NVT
; Velocity generation
gen_vel        = yes        ; assign velocities from Maxwell distribution
gen_temp    = 300        ; temperature for Maxwell distribution
gen_seed    = -1        ; generate a random seed

; To keep au surface in place, freeze Au atoms.
; The AU group has been defined via make_ndx
; to contains all the AU atoms ('a AU').
freezegrps               = AUS AUB AUI
freezedim                = Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y

And in one part of  log file.... temperature is getting high..without error
....and it keeps on increasing ...

Energies (kJ/mol)
          Angle    Proper Dih. Ryckaert-Bell.          LJ-14     Coulomb-14
    2.91339e+01    3.23884e-01    8.52437e+00    1.65299e+01    2.68992e+02
        LJ (SR)  Disper. corr.   Coulomb (SR)   Coul. recip.      Potential
    5.70551e+05   -6.29186e+03   -8.96225e+05    4.42542e+03   -3.27216e+05
    Kinetic En.   Total Energy  Conserved En.    *Temperature* Pres. DC
(bar)
    9.71936e+09    9.71903e+09    2.71970e+19   * 2.35145e+07*
0.00000e+00
 Pressure (bar)   Constr. rmsd

Thanks and Regards
Lovika