[gmx-users] nvt equilibration: error

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jun 4 18:37:43 CEST 2015

On 6/4/15 10:00 AM, marzieh dehghan wrote:
> Hi
> Deat Justin
>

> I formed a covalent bond according to the following steps:
>
> 1-      Covalent bond was formed between insulin and glucose by hyperchem
>
> 2-      Topology file was created using topolbuild
>

> *PS:* I checked topology file, it showed all atoms i.e, protein and ligand
> were called as UNK

This is not so much a ligand as it is a custom residue; given that there is a
covalent bond.  Following
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Adding_a_Residue_to_a_Force_Field
will alleviate basically all of your issues.

> 3-      Energy minimization was done by gromacs
>
> But when I used these command “grompp –f nvt.mdp -c em.gro -p topol.top –o
> nvt.tpr
>
> I confronted to the following error:
>
> *Group Protein not found in index file.*
>
> *Group names must match either [moleculetype] names*
>
> *or custom index group names,in which case you*
>
> *must supply an index file to the '-n' option of grompp.*
>

> After holding these command, make_ndx –f em.gro –o index.ndx
>

> The following pattern was appeared
>
> *  0 System              : 13871 atoms*
>
> *  1 Other               :   523 atoms*
>
> *  2 UNK                 :   523 atoms*
>
> *  3 CL                  :    10 atoms*
>
> *  4 Water               : 13338 atoms*
>
> *  5 SOL                 : 13338 atoms*
>
> *  6 non-Water          :   533 atoms*
>
> *  7 Ion                 :    10 atoms*
>
> *  8 UNK                 :   523 atoms*
>
> *  9 CL                  :    10 atoms*
>
> * 10 Water_and_ions      : 13348 atoms*
>

>   I selected
>
> 2 | 8      as protein and UNK

You're merging a group with itself; this achieves nothing.

See the above link to a solution to your problem.

-Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629