[gmx-users] Problem in energy minimization

Jin J.C jcjin.hcmut.001 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 09:00:14 CEST 2015

Dear Justin,
My protocol is simply like this:
1. Prepare the system of protein embedded in a equilibrated pure DOPC
bilayer.
2. Make a rectangular box
gmx editconf  -f  protein-mem.gro  -o protein-mem-box.gro -box 14.6 14.6
16.3 -center 7.3 7.3 8.15
3. solvate
gmx solvate -cp protein-mem-box.gro -cs water-300k-1bar.gro -radius 0.21 -o
protein-mem-solvated.gro
4. grompp -f minimization.mdp -c protein-mem-solvated.gro -p
protein-mem-solvated.top -o minim-solvated.tpr
5. mdrun -deffnm minim-solvated

At begining, with this box size, 18880 water molecules were added.
And I met error when I ran step 5.

After modified the box size,
gmx editconf  -f  protein-mem.gro  -o protein-mem-box.gro -box 14 14 16
-center 7 7 8
there was added 18210 water molecules.

This is my mdp file for running minimization

title                    = Martini
integrator         = steep
dt                      = 0.02
nsteps              = 10