[gmx-users] Pressure Coupling in GROMACS

Ebert Maximilian m.ebert at umontreal.ca
Mon Jun 8 15:23:12 CEST 2015

Hi Ashraf,

from the gromacs website (http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Berendsen):

The distribution of temperatures and pressures (in the case of the thermostat and barostat, respectively) does not correspond to any known statistical mechanical ensemble.  It is best applied during the early stages of equilibration, as it converges relatively quickly and can be useful for stabilizing systems that may be far from equilibrium.

So you should ne use Berendsen for production only for equilibration. Check out one of those:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Pressure_Coupling

Max