[gmx-users] Atomtype OW not found

Tamir Dingjan tamir.dingjan at monash.edu
Tue Jun 9 03:59:32 CEST 2015

Hi Rasha,

I suspect your difficulties might be caused by the way you are converting
the parameters. You may have more luck using acpype
<https://code.google.com/p/acpype/> to convert your GLYCAM carbohydrate
topologies into Gromacs formatted ones. Once you obtain your ligand
coordinate and parameter files (either from the GLYCAM website or through
AMBER), run acpype to convert the files into Gromacs formats - here's the
command I use: acpype.py -x 1.rst7 -p 1.parm7 -o gmx

If you are using the AMBER force field in Gromacs for simulation, this
method will be compatible with the usual water models.

Regards,
Tamir

On 4 June 2015 at 00:33, Barnett, James W <jbarnet4 at tulane.edu> wrote:

> What does your topology (.top) file look like? And what's the exact
> command you are using for grompp?
>
> --
> James “Wes”​ Barnett
> Ph.D. Candidate
> Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
>
> Tulane University
> Boggs Center for Energy and Biotechnology, Room 341-B
> New Orleans, Louisiana 70118
> jbarnet4 at tulane.edu> LinkedIn​​

*Tamir Y. Dingjan*

*B. Pharm Sci (Hons), MRACI*

*PhD Candidate  <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tamir-dingjan/50/282/82b>*

Medicinal Chemistry

*Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences,*

*Monash University*
381 Royal Parade

Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia

p: + 61 3 9903 9187