[gmx-users] Pressure Coupling in GROMACS

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jun 9 13:29:04 CEST 2015

On 6/8/15 9:53 AM, Jashimuddin Ashraf wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Dr. Lemkul. I came across some of the widely
> fluctuating pressures before but the average pressure was more or less
> close to the target values previously (even though the instantaneous values
> varied quite a lot).
>
> But in my case, the average pressure is far different from the target
> values.

Please provide the actual output from gmx energy.  "Far different" depends
entirely upon context, e.g. the fluctuations themselves.

> The pressure curve I am generating using g_energy is attached here.

The list does not accept attachments.

> PS. I have 2 carbon nanotubes in my system; one of them is entirely frozen
> and the other one is entirely free. Is anything wrong with my system?

Freezing can cause artifacts with pressure coupling.  See notes in the manual.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore