[gmx-users] compressibility

Michael Shirts mrshirts at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:19:52 CEST 2015

The 'compressibility' in the pressure coupling is not actually the
compressibility of the fluid; it's another way to write the mass of the
fictitious piston.  It affects the inertia of the piston and the period of
the oscillations of the box, but won't affect the magnitude of fluctuations
of the box.  Having a value near the compressibility of the fluid, I
believe, minimizes the chances of unstable simulations and weird
resonances, but is not required.