[gmx-users] Crash of DD with periodic_molecules

Semen yesint3 at ukr.net
Mon Jun 15 09:49:47 CEST 2015

Dear All,
We are stuck with an error in domain decomposition for graphene layer, which is periodic in XY plain (periodic_molecules=yes). The system runs perfectly on one node, but when we try to use more than 1 MPI process it crashes regardless of what we do:

Using 2 MPI processes
Using 4 OpenMP threads per MPI process
A list of missing interactions:
          exclusions of 199319 missing   -274

Program mdrun_mpi, VERSION 5.0.4
Source code file: /Data/Users/glaville/WORK/TMP/gromacs-5.0.4/src/gromacs/mdlib/domdec_top.c, line: 390

Software inconsistency error:
One or more interactions were multiple assigned in the domain decompostion

This only happens with the periodic bonds - all other systems runs with no problems on the same cluster.
I played with rdd, dd and dds parameters with no result - it gives the same error.
Is it a bug or we can overcome this somehow?

Any help is appreciated!

Sincerely,
Semen